Generation Nano: Small Science, Superheroes
The National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) are excited to continue Generation Nano: Small Science, Superheroes! This competition asks high school students to choose a societal area to focus on and then design nanotechnology-enabled gear for an original superhero.
Students can envision gear that is grounded in current research but not yet possible, allowing them to learn about the potentials and limitations of real-world nanotechnology. Students will first identify one societal mission from a list of four to address and then submit an entry with three parts: a written section, a short comic strip and a video.
- Who: A competition for high school students -- individuals or teams of two or three
- What: A written entry, a 90-second video and a 2-3 page comic strip introducing the superhero and the student's nanotechnology-enabled mission.
- When: Competition opens Oct. 5, 2016; Submissions are due by Jan. 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST
- Where: Learn more and submit entry at www.nsf.gov/GenNano
- Why: To promote early interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Contact the Generation Nano team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the Competition at #GenNano
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.